Set clear goals and bring the future into the present by planning every day in advance
You will work faster and achieve more when you know where you’re going — your end game. Procrastination sets in when we are unclear about what we want to accomplish.
Brian Tracy has a 7-step formula for setting and achieving goals:
1. Decide what you want to do — one of the worst time wasters is doing something well that isn’t necessary.
2. Writing your goals makes them solid and puts energy behind them because they become real.
3. Set a deadline for your goal. Deadlines keep you on your toes.
4. Painting a visual picture clarifies the path you need to follow and boosts your chances of being successful.
5. Prioritize your plan in sequence order. You can map out your plan to help you visualize the steps.
6. Take action on your plan immediately because "execution is everything."
7. Take small steps toward your goal by doing something daily that drives you in that direction.
Your thoughts align with your goals when you write them down. You become driven to execute what you’ve written. You are mustering support in your fight against procrastination by activating your creativity and releasing energy to accomplish.
Plan each day, and never reach a day without knowing what you want to do. No day should be strange to you because you have a clear direction for what you will do. When you know what to expect from yourself, you will be able to meet those expectations.